Orange County–based home builder TRI Pointe Group is partnering with Amazon to offer home buyers smart homes featuring Amazon’s Alexa home technology, according to a release from a representative of TRI Pointe Group.
The statement says the partnership will produce a new smart home that’s an extension of the home builder’s HomeSmart®, a suite of state-of-the-art home technology and automation features. The new features include:
• Echo, Echo Show, Echo Spot, Echo Dot, or Fire TV Cube
• Home-activation appointment with an Amazon Expert and Amazon activation support
• Eero Home WiFi System, a premium offering of eero and two beacons that provides fast and reliable wireless Internet coverage
• Leviton or Lutron Smart Switches
• Honeywell Lyric 2 Smart Thermostat or Ecobee Smart Thermostat
• Ring Video Doorbell Pro
• Samsung SmartThings Smart Hub or Wink Smart Hub (available in select markets)
• LiftMaster or Genie Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener (smartphone/app enabled, available in select markets)
• Schlage or Kwikset Smart Door Lock (available in select markets)
• Rain Bird Smart Irrigation Wi-Fi Controller (available in select markets)
• Rinnai Tankless Water Heater Recirculation Pump (available in select markets)
According to the source, by simply asking Alexa, homeowners will be able to activate routines like “Alexa, good morning” to adjust lighting and temperature and play music in their homes.
Sarah Zenz, GM of Amazon Experts, is quoted in the release as saying, “From enjoying entertainment to locking the front door and even managing sprinkler systems, we hear that customers love the simplicity and convenience Alexa brings to their everyday lives. We’re pleased to see TRI Pointe Group expanding to offer Alexa smart-home experiences to even more customers.”
TRI Pointe first introduced smart-home experiences, activated and supported by Amazon, with its Seattle-based Quadrant Homes in April 2018, the statement says. The expanded smart home offering being implemented across TRI Pointe Group’s other five homebuilder brands adds to the HomeSmart® tech and automation features that utilize Internet-connected devices to elevate the homeowner experience and allow homeowners to conserve energy.
The statement also says TRI Pointe Group began demonstrating the new smart-home offering with the launch of HomeSmart® in early 2017. Builder brand Pardee Homes was the first to incorporate Alexa into the Arista model homes at its Aliento™ master-planned community in Santa Clarita, California.
Research shows that 32 percent of U.S. homes will be smart homes in 2018, and that number is expected to hit 53.1 percent by 2022, TRI Pointe reports.
TRI Pointe has been an active in home technology for some time. As SoCal Real Estate reported in June, the firm was one of the many home builders participating in the HomLuv system, the first visual search-and-discovery platform for new home buyers.